In my house, making dinner needs to be quick, delicious, and nourishing. With three kids it can be difficult to find the time to make a healthy meal each night especially when recipes call for tons of ingredients and the cook time is longer than a half hour. Over the years, I have come up with some of my go-to recipes that I know are kid-approved, full of flavor, and are packed with health benefits. This rosemary & lemon chicken recipe is one of my favorites.
This recipe will only take about a half an hour of your time, 5 ingredients plus salt for seasoning, and can be made in one skillet which reduces your cleanup time. Win, win!
Rosemary & Lemon Chicken
-4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin on (you can also use chicken breasts)
-2 TBSP fresh rosemary (chopped)
-3-4 garlic cloves, minced
-2 TBSP olive oil
-2 tsp salt
– 1 lemon, juiced and the zest
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and use as the marinade for the chicken.
3. Marinate for at least an hour.
4. Put the chicken in cast iron skillet, skin side down and brown.
5. Flip over and then remove from heat.
6. Stick the skillet in oven for 30 minutes if using chicken thighs. If using chicken breasts, you will need to increase the cook time to about 40 minutes or until the juices run clear.