- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced finely
- 1/4 lb ground beef grass fed
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower riced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill plus more to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the centers with a spoon, being careful not to break through the skin. Roughly chop the scooped out zucchini flesh and set aside. Place the hollowed zucchini halves into a baking dish.
- Add the olive oil to a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes then add the roughly chopped zucchini and cook until softened. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until well browned, around 8-10 minutes. Add the cumin, dried mint, salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cauliflower rice and fresh dill.
- Spoon the filling into the hollowed zucchinis, mounding them high and then drizzle with additional olive oil. Cover the baking dish with parchment lined baking foil and cook for 25-30 minutes. Zucchini should be tender and pierced easily with a knife but not mushy and falling apart. Garnish with additional fresh dill.