With Easter around the corner, I am starting to get my favorite Paleo Easter recipes together. I usually make a ham, a healthy veggie-based appetizer, and some type of kid-friendly dessert. This year, I wanted to use my Instant Pot as an easy yet delicious way to serve Easter ham. The Instant Pot makes everything super tender, and the flavors in this ham recipe are perfect for Spring. I also wanted to share my favorite roasted carrot recipe with you. This is one of my go-to recipes as it is easy to make, and something that everyone enjoys.
For dessert, I am sharing an adorable Paleo-friendly coconut egg nest recipe with you that is so much fun to make. If you have kids, get them involved! Not only are they fun to make, but adults can enjoy these too.
I hope these recipes give you some Eater inspiration and show you that a Paleo-friendly Easter meal can be delicious too.
Instant Pot Easter Ham
- 1 6-6.5 lb. Bone-in Organic ham
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. organic or freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Start by adding all the ingredients to stockpot over low heat and whisk. Heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the ham to the base of the Instant Pot and cover with the water.
- Pour the glaze on top of the ham.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve.
- Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure is released, allow the ham to rest for 15 minutes and then remove from the pot leaving the extra liquid behind.
- Slice the ham to your liking and drizzle with the leftover sauce in the base of the Instant Pot.
Garlic Roasted Carrots
- 2 bunches organic carrots
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, line the carrots onto the baking sheet.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and drizzle over the carrots.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Paleo Coconut Nests
- 1 8 ounce bag of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. maple sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Dark chocolate non-GMO eggs for topping
- Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F and greasing a mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Add the egg whites, raw honey, maple sugar, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the shredded coconut and mix well.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture into the greased muffin tins filling them all the way.
- Using your thumb, make an indent in the center to create a "nest."
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Check at the 10 and 15-minute mark to be sure they aren't browning too quickly.
- Allow the nests to cool, and then using a knife, loosen them from the muffin tins.
- Melt the dark chocolate morsels in a stockpot over low heat, and scoop about 1 tsp. worth into the center of the nests. Allow the chocolate to set for about 10 minutes.
- Top with the dark chocolate eggs.
- Store in a glass jar in a cool and dry place.