Adaptogenic herbs are excellent for combatting anxiety and restoring balance in the body. They are great because they respond to the situation in the body, so they can help support hormone balance, blood sugar, and anxiety to name a few. This recipe is perfect for when you are feeling anxious, and need a relaxing cup of tea to calm your mind. It is also great to enjoy before bed to help wind down the day and promote restful sleep.
Here’s how to make this adaptogenic tea recipe and the link to the ashwagandha root powder I use.
An Adaptogenic Tea Recipe
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. ashwagandha root powder
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Cinnamon for serving
- Start by adding the water, coconut milk, ashwagandha root powder, and pure maple syrup to a stockpot over low heat and whisk well.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a pinch of cinnamon.