Just because you have histamine intolerance, thyroid disease or any other health issues, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy good food! You are going to die…well, hopefully not die (you get the point)…when you taste this delicious rendition of fried rice. You’re welcome ahead of time ; )
Cauliflower "Fried Rice" Bowl
- 1 tbsp. sesame or olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked pepper (If tolerated)
- 2 garlic cloves peeled & minced
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen, organic riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen (optional)
- 3 green onions separated into whites and greens and sliced thinly
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 handful cilantro for garnish
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil and then the sweet potato, stirring to coat the potato with oil. Add the turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook potatoes over medium-low heat until they start to become tender but aren’t too soft.
- Add the minced garlic and the whites of the onions to the pan and stir, cooking for 3-5 more minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the frozen cauliflower and peas (if using) to the pan and increase heat to medium. Stir frequently until cauliflower is cooked through. It will begin to take on the color of the turmeric. Add the coconut aminos and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate small pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil or ghee over medium-high heat. Cook eggs until whites are set and immediately remove from heat to prevent overcooking.
- Serve fried egg over cauliflower rice and garnish with the green part of the green onion and cilantro.