During the cooler season, I love to come up with hearty, filling, yet nutritious meals using my Instant Pot or stockpot that my whole family can enjoy! I also like to make things like soups, bone broth, and stews ahead of time and pop them in the freezer that I can easily heat up during busy weeknights when I just don’t have time to cook dinner. I love making this creamy cauliflower and bacon soup during the colder months. It is dairy-free, while still having the creamy consistency you would get with a dairy-based soup, and is full of flavor from the bacon, herbs, and spices.
This soup is also:
- Optimal-Reset approved
- Whole-30 Approved
- 21-Day Sugar Detox Approved
Cauliflower Bacon Soup
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 1/2 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp. thyme chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- Start by adding all the ingredients minus the bacon to a stockpot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until creamy.
- Top with the chopped and cooked bacon.
Want a quick and easy bone broth recipe to use in this creamy cauliflower soup? Check out my two-hour low-histamine bone broth recipe here.