Here are my favorite healthy paleo mayonnaise and creamy Italian salad dressing recipes that will actually increase your health and will take less than 5 minutes to make. I use avocado oil when making my homemade mayonnaise and here is why; Just half of an avocado has 345 mg of potassium, 185mg of lutein, 19.5 mg of magnesium, 60mg of folate, 10mg of choline, 19mg of glutathione and 57 mg of phytosterols (which can lower bad cholesterol). Think about all of these benefits as you get to indulge in a delicious food that we have always been told to stay away from (mayo). Get ready to be obsessed, here are my two must have recipes!
- 1 cup of avocado, extra light tasting olive oil or MCT oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Organic mustard (I use spicy mustard or dijon), 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 egg
Paleo Creamy Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup of the paleo mayo
- 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar, make sure it’s gluten free)
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Add 1/4 of oil if you want it to be thinner, I keep the oil out and make it thick and creamy
Watch the video above to see how to make these!
I like to make these 1-2 times a week and then it’s ready to be used for salads. The dressing makes a really good dipping sauce for veggies as well!